Monday, June 11, 2007

Let's talk about the exercising that didn't happen. I only got in 3 workouts last week (those that I listed below). I wasn't really planning to work out Thursday and Friday since I had a big test on Saturday morning. I wanted to get as prepared for it as possible. However, I did think that I would squeeze in at least a 45 min yoga session on Saturday afternoon. Well my day went like this. Exam from 7:30 - 12:30; Lunch & errands from 1 - 3:30; Taking down two-strand twists from 4 - 10. Good Lord! I know that I had a lot of work ahead of me with taking down the twists, but I had no idea that it would take the time that it took. When I stopped on Saturday night, I wasn't even done...I could simply go no farther. So needless to say working out on Sat was a wash. I was kinda miffed b/c I wanted to go to Yoga and Pilates on Sunday morning. However, I of course needed to finish taking my hair down instead. That took me until about 1 pm...cool, right? WRONG. I thought that I had thoroughly detangle my roots, which I had, but I didn't account for all of the shed hair that was still hanging out amongst the strands. Let me tell you. As soon as water hit my hair I had knots and tangles like you wouldn't believe. I mean there was hair coming out by the handful. It took me another 2 hours to be able to comb through the masses. As I stood looking at the huge pile of lost hair in the sink...suffice it to say I was a bit emotionally exhausted. I copped out and took up residence on the couch for the rest of the day.

So now we are in a new week and attempting to get a fresh start. I am going to head to yoga tonight and plan for workouts Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Also, I plan to hit the grocery store on Tues, so that should be great to revitalize my diet. I need to get fresh fruit, 100 calorie packs, and yogurt. I think that I'm going to try and weigh in at the gym this week, so I'll let you guys know what's going on.

No comments: