Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sorry for being delinquent on posting guys. My 1st week adjusting to being home has been hectic.

Let's see...how about an update. I did pretty well last week. I only got in 3 work outs, but given my fatigue and limited time, I was pretty pleased with myself. I also did a decent job with my food. I was mainly concerned with over eating once I was back in the company of co-workers. Also I had a house guest this week, and I was worried about over eating then as well. However during lunch I have stuck with soup, salad, and turkey sandwiches, and I have shown pretty good restraint with my house guest. Two pints of ice cream were brought into my house, which I have not indulged in. Those will be heading to the garbage tomorrow. My two slip ups were probably over eating a bit at a fondue night w/some friends as well as a fried shrimp dinner that I had last Monday. Other than that I have pretty much been eating cereal or other grilled items for dinner.

I did do some cooking this week. Nothing major though. I made an egg-white omelet with cheese and Canadian bacon. I also made a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, and last night I cooked steamed broccoli (fresh), steamed rice, and grilled chicken. Not too bad for just getting started. My grocery basket was filled with plenty of fresh produce, so I feel positive that I will be able to branch out more.

As for working out...if I can get in some time this evening, then I feel positive that I can make my 4 workouts for the week. It will be my house guest's last night in town, though, so I'm not sure what will be on the agenda. I also learned about a new exercise opportunity at my church. They are offering 6 weeks (3 sessions/week) of boot-camp classes, led by 2 personal trainers for $60. I am very interested in doing it. My only concern is that the classes begin at 6:30pm. It takes me at least an hour (sometimes an hour and a half) to get home, so I'd have to leave work right at 5pm. Now my job is one in which ppl tend to work later, so I am concerned that this might not go over well. I do want to do the program though b/c I anticipate that the trainers will really push us. Though I may be screaming "Noooooo!" then, I think that I will regret it later. I have a week to decide, so we shall see.

Hmmm, that's all that I can think of right now. I did hear on the news this morning of a study that links heavy meat and sugar consumption to breast cancer, so I might try to find that and post it later. Also...it might be time for another challenge. Currently I am weighing in at 170lbs. Now...it will be about 3 months b4 I can access a scale at the gym for another weigh in. I think that I should have a goal for that weigh in. I'm not sure yet if it should be to successfully maintain my weight over the next 3 months, or if I should push for at least a 5lb weight loss. Any thoughts/suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

I think your next 3-month goal should parallel your last 3-month goal. Right now is not the time to lose momentum. If anything, due to your increased amount of free time, you should push yourself harder (And exercising, unlike most of the kickin' it we do, is FREE).

If you say hey, I want to lose, 5 pounds and you only end up losing 3 or staying the same weight, at least you haven't lost any of the hard work you've done up until this point. If you say you want to maintain your weight and you end up gaining a pound or two I think it would be more discouraging.

You're doing fabulous though and looking wonderful! We're all very proud of you.