Friday, December 08, 2006

Stillllllllllllllllll not able to exercise yet :-(

I miss it. Well I don't miss the actual work outs; you know that those can be ass kickers. However, I feel more in shape and slim/trim when I am exercising. When I don't work out, then I feel like I'm just hanging out gaining wait. I have been maintaining my diet. Oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, sandwich/salad/grilled or baked poultry for lunch, 100 calorie pack for a snack, and a reasonable dinner. I've been choosing grilled options for my meats (usually poultry or fish), and I even cooked twice this week. I made grilled shrmp w/angel hair pasta and low cal pasta sauce, as well as fresh turkey burgers w/baked fries. Yay me!

I feel as though I need to be more restrictive with my diet, though. Since I am doing absolutely nothing right now, I need to be very particular about what I eat. Most likely I will not begin working out again until the week before or after Christmas, and even then I'm just planning on doing some walking. My arm should be nearly healed by then, but I figure that if I can just walk at a slow-moderate pace for about 45 mins - hour, then I should really sweat very much. I am also thinking that I can walk out door as well. The cool air should keep my temp. down. Until then, I want to be sure that I am maintaining my weight at the very least. Truthfully, I'd like to lose at least a pound or two before the new year simply by dieting. However, worst case scenario would be an increase in my weight. Setbacks are no fun. To aide in this I am going to have to begin a food journal. I absolutely hate food journals b/c it seems like a real hassle to write down everything that you eat. However, it ups you accountability and makes you take a hard look at the food choices that you're making. Then, I'm going to try to enter what I've eaten into Fitday.com. Have I already told you guys about this site? Well it allows you to enter the food portions that you've eaten for the day as well as your daily activity. Based upon the calories consumed and burned, it'll let you know if you've gained or lost weight for the day. Now it isn't completly user friendly. Sometimes its hard to know what was included in food that was eaten out, and you can't always find the foods that you've had in their search engine. However, I think its good enough to give me some rough idea. I suppose that I'll start this tomorrow. I need to pick up a cheap journal to carry around.

Oh, I think that I owe you a weigh in. Well I'm having my final session with my personal trainer next week. Its just an exit interview, so she'll weigh me and take all of my measurements once again. I should be able to report back at that time. TTYL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks that you can't exercise, but I hope you feel better and heal perfectly. We want you to be healthy above all else.

Good job on using the illness to propel you to do better with the diet as opposed to letting it get you down. You're doing great!

Here's to more loose jeans (or smaller tight jeans, depending on how you look at it)