Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I know that it has been a hella long time since I blogged. What happened you ask? Sickness and infection. As it turns out, I may have a disease called Hidradentitis Suppurativa (http://dermatology.about.com/cs/infectionbacteria/a/hidradenitis.htm). Pretty nasty stuff, but there are worse things in the world to have to deal with. In short, it means that I am prone to chronic infections of the sweat glands. One of these got particularly intense last week, and I was forced to the doctor. While the infection has been removed, I am now healing, which has kept me off my feet. I am actually a little fearful about getting back into exercising since the infections are generated within the sweat glands. I know that I can't not exercise, but I'm just afraid that as soon as I do, then I'll be back in the same boat battling another infection. The doctor's don't really seem to have any recommentations on how to manage the condition or avoid future outbreaks. I have a follow up appointment on Friday, so I'll try again to coax some helpful hints out of the doctor and his assistant. Until then, I'll have to work harder to maintain my diet. Without exercising it isn't likely that I will lose weight, but I would at least like to maintain it until I am back in good health. I'll go for another weigh in, in a week or so and let you know where we are!

ETA: I read that sweating and being overweight can aggravate the condition. LOL! So I need to lose weight, but I just can't sweat while doing it. Nice!

No comments: