Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm back!

I finally made it home to my parent's house and my parent's scale. *horror screams echo in the background* After completing a Biggest Loser workout, I made my way to my bathroom scale. I was hesitant to hop on, but a promise had been made. I climbed on and was pleasantly surprised to find the dial landing at 185lbs. That's down 2 lbs from my last personal weigh in out and 3lbs from the trainer lady's weigh in. I am thrilled! At 1st my conscience didn't believe me b/c I originally came up with 2 different #s. I tried weighing myself with the scale placed on the bathroom carpet, which gave me a significantly higher number. Closer, if not into, the 190s. However I moved it to the tile floor, which is where I got the 185 reading. Now you know that I'm paranoid, so I got on and off several times to verify that the number didn't change. Upon hearing the skepticism in my conscience's voice, I proceeded to a different scale in my parent's bathroom the following morning. To my delight it too read 185! So I feel as though this should be some sort of a milestone, as we're down 15lbs from when I 1st began August 1st.

I think that its time for another challenge. I am setting yet another 10lb weight loss challenge for myself. I am going to lose 10 more pounds by 12/31. Do you know what that means? I will be at my goal weight of 175lbs! Down 25lbs in 5 months. YAY!!!!! Now I know that you're saying, "Hey, you weren't even successful in your last 10 lb challenge." I hear ya, and I have a couple of responses. I am learning more about myself and how to exercise, so I think that some of my workouts are more effective/impactful than in the past. Plus, any loss is a success. Although I really believe that I'll be able to complete my 10 lbs in the next 5 weeks, any weight loss is something to sing about.

So before I head off for the Thanksgiving holiday, I have to address the death trap that is holiday food. My family is NOTORIOUS for having what I like to call 'the good stuff' around this time of the year. Egg nog, cookies, nuts, candy, pie, plus that delicious Thanksgiving day meal. However, I do have a plan for getting out alive. Over the next several days leading up to the holiday, I am going to do my very best to maintain my same diet. We do have healthy foods in the house, so I just have to be responsible enough to choose them. As for the holiday favorites, I think that I can successfully skip out on cookies and pies. Egg nog will be limited to 1 small glass a day, and even that will be substituted for tea where possible. The dinner itself...it is what it is. I think I'm ok with an indulgence for Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, I am going to focus on portion control and eating slowly. My goal is to enjoy the meal, but not to stuff myself. Plus plus plus, I plan to keep up my exercising throughout the week. Overall I think I'll come out a winner ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for 15lbs! That's what's up!

The last issue of Shape that I read said that if you exercise before you eat you'll gain less weight. It makes perfect sense, starve your muscles, then replenish them (instead of adding fat). My new friend pointed out that I'll need to exercise afterwards as well (meanwhile he insists that I eat dessert when we go out, punk!)

So anyway, get your treadmill on before dinner and you'll be straight! I'm so proud of you and your positive attitude is contagious. I will workout today! (I'm trying to convince the both of us) LOL!

Anonymous said...

keep it up babe!