Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's happened since I last blogged? Lots of fun exercise :-)

I've had 2 more personal training sessions, completed my Biggest Loser workout video twice, and strength trained and jogged on my own. Yay for me! I can afford to do a bit better on the diet. I've done much better about sticking to my eating schedule, however, multiple team events last week left me with a few unhealthy dinners and lots of wine. As a result, I am opting out of a few of the events this week and choosing to use that time for exercise and rest instead.

Lets talk about perceptions, though. I think that I mentioned before that I never really saw myself as a fat person before. Yes, I thought of myself as 'thick', and yes I've noticed one or two bad photos. However for the most part I was really pleased with my appearance. Well I guess not completely pleased (otherwise, I would never have decided to make this change), but pleased for the most part. However, just the other day I spent time uploading pictures onto my Myspace page. As I went from one pic to the next I saw a genuinely fat person. A really pretty fat person, but there was no denying the weight in my face and body as I looked at the pics. It really made me wonder...when the hell did that happen. I mean its like I never really saw myself before. It again made me wonder if this is the ME that everyone else has been seeing all this time. A pretty but chunky girl, rather than the hot mama that I see. I guess that it just kinda strengthened my resolve to keep working at this. I want the ME in my mind's eye to match the ME on my camera. It also made me focus in on the fact that this really does have to be a complete life change. If I don't make exercise and healthy eating a regular habit from here on out, then its only a matter of time b4 the weight creeps back in. There is nothing worse that an wack chick who thinks that she's fine. I CANNOT be that girl.

I'm heading to my parent's home this weekend where I will again hop on the scale. Giving the exercise successes and the food failures, I'm kinda just expecting to break even. However a weigh in prior to Thanksgiving has got to be much better than a weigh in afterwards. I'm taking the Biggest Loser tape with me though, and I'll give you the results this weekend.

No comments: