Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...it's been awhile. My apologies all. I've been working pretty late nights and will continue to (at least through December). I just have not had the time or the energy to post, but I will definitely try to do better.

I can imagine that the sheer fact that I haven't had time to post will tip you off about my diet and exercise. Honestly...this has not been a month of which to be proud. My exercise has been...ok. I've been getting in at least 3 workouts per week, but I am not always getting in four. I did get exercise equipment for my b-day (3, 5, and 8 lb weights, 2 bellydancing dvds and weight lifting gloves), which I have absolutely been putting to good use. However my eating...OUT OF CONTROL!!! The snacking is my major problem. I am making good decisions at meal time. However, in between meals I am not turning down the sweets that are free flowing at the job. Everyday I tell myself that I am going to do better, but so far it just hasn't happened. I'm going to try to go grocery shopping this weekend. Maybe if I have my own healthy snacks already with me, then I can just eat that when I have the urge to eat, rather than the sugary/fattening snacks. That is supposed to help, but ultimately it will have to come down to me being more disciplined. Unfortunately, discipline is not one of my strong points.

On a happier note, I believe that my gym is supposed to open at the end of this month. The Oct 1st date got pushed back to Nov 1st, so lets cross our fingers that they stick to that. I hope to be able to head there directly from work at least 2 days a week. I figure that if I can get there twice a week after work and once on the weekends, then I only need to get in one or two more workouts at home on my own. Until it open, I have been doing what I call 'zone training'. Basically, since I have only had energy (and time) for about 10-15 mins of exercise in the evenings, then I use my weights to only work 1 area of my body. I rotate between abs, arms, and legs each day. I do 4 exercises on the 'zone of the day', which works the muscle, but is fairly quick. I know it isn't much, but when I am getting in at 8:45 or 9pm and need to be in bed by 10pm...it really is all that I have to spare. Plus, at this point I am so tired that I fear I would just completely opt out of working out when I'm trying to get in 30 mins or an hour. This will have to do until my schedule lets up. I can do my full workouts on Fri, Sat and Sun.

Guess what else...I BOUGHT A BIKE! Ok, it isn't the greatest time of the year to make the purchase since the weather is changing, but I had really been wanting to try cycling. It's more gentle on the knees, and it generally seems enjoyable. Plus living 5 mins from the lakefront, I should be taking advantage of my resources. Plus my conscience really seems to enjoy it, and I wanna be able to share that with him (I'm kinda stalkerish like that). Anyway, it should be getting delivered soon. Check it out!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<_< @ the "out of control" snacking

:) @ the bike

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, since there's no cake at your table, you can cake on your bikes. :P

No, seriously, I'm excited for you. I should get a bike, since I don't drive any more. I'm also looking forward to our early morning workout tomorrow.

You are truly an inspiration because I don't usually exercise for longer than 30 minutes.