Monday, February 16, 2009



Lessons Learned!



This weekend I partied the nights away in Phoenix, AZ for the NBA All-Star weekend, and I definitely learned a couple of things. Check them out!


1. Vitamin water and vodka is the TRUTH. I mean you're buzzed just as if you had been drinking any other cocktail...and yet you have no hang over (headache, nausea, or dizziness) in the morning. Plus you can take it on the road with you (by road...I mean anywhere within walking or cab distance. I DO NOT endorse drinking and driving) w/o drawing any attention from the Po Po!



2. Yo yo weight is NOT what's up. Here's the skinny...or the not so skinny. Last year I lost over 20 lbs in 3 months, going from 179lbs to 153lbs. However, I had NO idea how to maintain this and within 9 months gained it all back...plus some. I have been a bit embarrassed to put this out there, but just before Christmas I was about 184lbs. Undeterred, I got back on my 5 day/week workout plan, reined in my splurge eating, and this past Friday I weighed in at 175lbs. My goal is to get back down to 160 - 165lbs by April 4th...and of course to maintain this for the long haul.

When I headed off to Phoenix this weekend, I felt awesome b/c my tummy was flat, and I had met my 2/13 goal of 175lbs. However, after taking pics (and not being pleased with them) all weekend, then I can see just how much weight I have gained. I mean...a sistah is thick in the thighs. I guess that it has just been a while since I have taken pics more than once b/c I didn't like the 1st attempt...or poured over the options b4 posting a pic online. Not a great feeling.


3. This brings me to my final lesson...I am definitely not a quitter. As I boarded a 6 am flight...after 3 hrs of sleep, I began to plan out the rest of my week. The fact that I would get up at 5:30 tomorrow to head to the gym was not even a question in my mind. In fact...I will work out every day Tues - Sat in order to maintain my 5 day a week workout schedule. That's pretty huge for me. I've been trying to make exercising a 'non-debatable' activity for years, but yet there have still been those days where I would hit the snooze (or heck...plan to sleep in). To be at a point where working out 1st thing in the morning is just the standard start of my day is AWESOME, and it makes me feel encouraged that I'll have and KEEP the body that I want.

Back with more tips and info later this week!

1 comment:

T said...

Yes, another convert for Vitamin Water. It TIS what's up!