Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Monday Everyone!

As you might have guessed I am in a very good mood today. I completed four workouts last week, and I'm in good shape (no pun intended) for this week. I got in an hour of yoga last night, and I am planning to do the Strength & Sculpt workout from my Biggest Loser dvd this afternoon. I just need to get in two more workouts this week (preferably one from my dvd and one yoga) before I head off to sunny South Florida this weekend.

Now since I am heading to the beach this weekend, there has been particular emphasis on the physical appearance. My best friend has convinced me to do a crash diet with her. I'm not actually sure that we will lose a noticeable amount of weight...I mean we're only doing it for 1 week...however, its just a fun way to challenge ourselves. Note: I am definitely not a believer in dieting. Right now, I am starving and using every bit of strength that I have to not only stop myself from eating a snack but also to stop myself from eating EVERY snack in sight. This includes the free cookies, pastries, and variety of candy bars that are within 20 feet of me. It is clear to me that one would never be able to maintain this lifestyle. No wonder dieters often 'yo-yo' with their weight. I'm sure that you would quickly fail any diet that is based primarily in denial.

This is why I want to re-emphasize the importance of healthy eating. As I sit hear yearning for an apple or cup of yogurt, I am truly realizing how you can be healthy and lose weight w/o necessarily being 'hungry'. If only I could master the art of eating quality foods that keep me full, yet don't pack a lot of calories or fat, then I would be in weight loss heaven. Its like this little crash diet has curbed my desire for junk food and made me appreciate the goodness that is a piece of fruit. At the very least I have gone ahead and requested fruit be brought in to our class tomorrow. I can't go another day w/these goodies sitting in front of me.

Finally...and I know that this sounds horrible...but I see why ppl are anorexic. What I mean is that when I am eating healthy and exercising regularly, then I feel thin and trim. I'm not sure if I actually look it, but it certainly changes the way that I see myself. I still want to eat right now, but while I'm not...I like what I see in the mirror. Scary right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say, My Bad. We are NEVER doing this again! I made a commitment to the diet, so I am sticking to it, but whew! This is horrible, pure torture. And yes, I am yearning for healthy food as well. I've never been so happy to get a piece of lowfat cheese or a cup of lowfat yogurt in my entire life.

I ate lunch already (it's 11:42am) because the hunger cravings were just that serious. I've turned down 2 brownies and 1 donut in the past 48 hours and I could just cry! (You know I don't turn down the goodies.)

I think I'm sticking to this so well because I know there is an end in sight. I've also worked out 3 times in the past 4 days, so kudos to me.

And kudos to you for sticking with this blasted diet AND exercising. I think your healthy living should be so much easier (and much better to your health) after this mini-starvation process.