Thursday, March 22, 2007

Update, Updates, Updates!

The diet was actually quite successful. I felt incredibly confident on the beach in my swimsuit. I felt that my legs were toned and my stomach was flat. Plus even after the weekend of drinking and a few less than healthy choices, I still weighed in at 177lbs, which I believe is a decrease. Yay Me!

Unfortunately starving yourself simply isn't the answer. I am proud to still be making healthy choices, but I am definitely back to my dilemma of worrying about whether or not I made the 'healthiest' choice. For instance, yesterday I just wasn't feeling a salad or sandwich for lunch. I was wanting something warm, so I opted for backed chicken (dark meat) with green beans. Now I believe that this was a good choice, but since I'm not 100% sure what add'l butters, etc. were added to the food, then I'm not sure. Some parts of me wonders if it is just too heavy of a meal to be having at lunch time. Additionally, I was out with co-workers for dinner last night. I chose a veggie burger, but I really can't guesstimate the calorie break down. Again, I wonder if I should have just opted for a salad, though I have found that anything more than a fat-free/low-fat dressing hikes the calorie and fat content up anyway. I guess that this will be a never ending battle, but it kinda sucks b/c you are constantly thinking (read: worrying) about your food intake. Again, this makes me feel like I'm only a few steps away from obsession/'eating disorder' land.

I took my yoga class on Mon, but I didn't work out Tues & Wed b/c of fatigue and work stuff respectively. I am def. planning to get a work out in, be it doing 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights at the gym or just my Biggest Loser video. Same for tomorrow and then I'll have pilates & yoga on Saturday morning. That should bring me up to my four workouts this week.

I've been wondering just how I should treat myself for all of my hard work. Really, I don't have any sort of 'rewards' program. I've decided that I want to get another exercise dvd. It isn't very expensive, and it will give me yet another option for exercising. I think that I might stop at Best Buy this weekend and see what I can find.

Last thing. This past week I saw a bunch of co-workers that I haven't seen in about a year, and MAN!!! the compliments were rolling in. PLUS, I put on some clothes that I haven't worn since last summer, and there wasn't a snug item in the bunch. This was really encouraging, and it helped me to see how far I have come. Sometimes I wonder how noticeable or significant my loss has been. I must say that btwn last week and this past weekend, I am definitely excited and motivated for my work outs. I surely don't want to take any steps backwards!

No comments: