Saturday, March 24, 2007

Let's see. I ended the week on a good note. I was able to get my four workouts in, but I had to double up on Saturday with an hour of yoga and 30 mins of cardio. My cardio was due to my new WORKOUT TAPE!! **For some reason the Kanye West 'workout song' started playing in my head just then.** Anyway, I stopped at Best Buy Saturday morning and picked up Shape magazine's Bikini Body Camp: Transforming Workout. http://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/shapeboutique/10Expand.aspx?ProductCode=SHP-DVD-0010








Let me give you a little bit of my criteria for selecting a DVD. 1st I don't want to select a DVD that will not expand my exercise options. For instance there were lots of yoga dvds, but not only can I take the class in person, but I can also practice it at home with my yoga book. Additionally, I want to get as much bang (or play time) for my buck. My Biggest Loser dvd has three 20 min workouts, one 25 min work out, and a 5 min warm up and 25 min cool down. I selected the Bikini Body Workout b/c I was looking for a cardio program that I could do at home, and the dvd comes with three 30 min work outs that cover cardio and strength training.
So far, I did the 1st workout which is an interval cardio routine. It contains a 5 min warm up and a 5 min cool down with three or four 'rolling hill' sets in between. The movements are things such as side to side lunges, power jacks, tire drills, and more. I def. got a great work out from it. The program recommends that you workout Mon - Fri completing a 30 min work out the 1st four days of the week and combining two for an hour work out on Friday. Right now, I am just going to use it at my discretion when I am not able to (or do not feel like going to the gym). However, during times where I am not able to go to the gym at all I may try the 5 day program. The dvd also came with a meal plan and a resistance band. The resistance band and a set of 3 or 5 pound dumbbells (I use jars of pasta sauce or cans of soup or water bottles instead) are required for the sculpting portions of the workout.
As for food, I had a team event on Friday where the food was flowing...as usual. I wasn't perfect, but I am proud of myself. I intended to eat 2 grilled chicken fajitas and 1 dessert bar (brownie/cookie/lemon bar). What I ended up having was the 2 grilled chicken fajitas, 1/3 of a lemon bar and 1/3 of a blondie, plus a small (saucer sized) plate of nachos w/cheese. It was more than what I agreed with myself that I would have, but I could have gone waaaaay overboard. I limited myself and I am pleased with that.
I'll check in as I try the other two workouts, and I'll continue with more healthy tips. Cheers!

No comments: