Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Quick update:

Sooooo I'm all about the reality tv. Recently I've begun watching a show called Work Out on Bravo. Basically they rarely rarely actually talk about working out...moreso the drama that goes on in the gym. However, today they did a quick bootcamp and a weigh in w/some people who are participating a 'special project'. Just seeing these ppl work out and then weigh in with disappointment really touched me. I have definitely been there...sometimes I'm still there b/c Lord knows it is always a struggle. It just reminded me how important it is to monitor my diet and stick to my exercise plan. When I fail to do this, then I feel just like the ppl on tv...sad, disappointed, embarrassed, and defeated.

Last week, my diet and workout definitely went to hell. I had waffle fries from Chick Fil A on Monday...a huge sushi dinner on Wed...some other BS on Friday (I forgot), and I only worked out twice. Baaaaaaaaaad me! However, I worked out for an hour on Sunday, 1 hr of yoga on Monday, and 30 mins of a workout video today. I've also been eating wonderfully, so I feel good about getting myself back on track. I am planning to hit up yoga again tomorrow and then 30 mins of cardio on Thurs. I'll let you know if I stick to my plan and commit...well to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I bought the same Pilates video that you did. I have to go back through the other blogs and doublecheck.

Also, I meant to tell you a while back. If you eat sushi rolls with brown rice instead of white, you significantly lower the calories and increase something good (fiber maybe, I dunno).

But good job on sticking to your guns and best wishes with the continued weight loss and lifestyle change.