Sunday, August 12, 2007

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SUMMER TO BE OVER!

Seriously, the weekend bar-b-ques are killing my diet. Ok ok I can't really blame the bar-b-ques, I must accept the blame for how I am behaving at them. How is that, you ask? EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. :-( :-( I know, I'm ashamed. I try to just make one reasonable plate, but then as I am there for hours upon hours and more and more food continues to be prepared, well then...I find myself wandering my way back to the table. Plus...you know that I have a weakness for desserts, well there are always so many wonderful options. Ugh! Its disgusting. The good news is that I really only have about 2 or 3 more weekends with activities planned. After that, I'll be on my own for food, which means cereal and salads b/c lately I haven't much felt like cooking.

I have still been getting in 3 workouts per week, but clearly that is below the four minimum that I need to be at. I've been lucky in that my weight hasn't changed. I was at the doctor last Friday, and I weighed in at my same 170lbs. YAY! However, if I don't get my eating under control, then I won't be at this weight for long.

Ok, enough pouting. I am deeply engrossed in the world of the 100 calorie pack. They have sooooo many options these days, and they are perfect. I take them to work for a light afternoon snack, and I eat them at home when I'm having a craving. I love them! Klondike even has 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches...those are awesome. Recently I spied an add for a 100 calorie hostess cupcake. I couldn't find them in the grocery store today, but when I do...trust me...its going down. I also picked up some fruit bars...under 100 calories a piece. They aren't as substantial as the ice cream bars, but they are a good snack when I feel like I just need to be eating.

Let's see...that's all that's really going on with me these days. I don't really feel any kind of way right now. I'm too tired to really be motivated, but I'm also pleased that I haven't fallen completely off the wagon. Its kinda like I'm just waiting to get back on track. That probably doesn't make any sense, but it is what it is. Sorry to be a bore, but I'll let you know what's up with my cholesterol as soon as I hear back from my doctor, and I'll keep you updated on any diet/exercise solutions that I discover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And oh, what a summer it's been!