Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lets see...I have updates.

I guess the most important update is that I got my cholesterol results back from the doctor, and it is still borderline high. The doc said it wasn't outrageous, so she's not concerned about it. However, I clearly still have work to do. I think that I was doing pretty well with my diet when I was with my conscience. Since I've been home I haven't been bad, but I also haven't been as devout as I was before. My red meat intake (particularly pork) was a bit higher as I was taking advantage of bar-b-que season. This is no good. I definitely need to check myself on this front. Honestly, I hope that was the main issue. I haven't been eating shellfish much (maybe twice in the last two months) b/c I just can't afford it. I know that dairy is supposed to be high in cholesterol, but I'm really not ready to give it up yet. I don't think that I will have another screening for at least another 6 months, so I'm just gonna have to try and be more diligent. Hopefully the next test will come out better b/c if it doesn't then I don't really know what to do next.

Ok what else? Lets see...last week sucked for working out. I got sick on Wednesday and had wedding stuff (not mine) on Thurs and Fri. I feel so blah. Every time that I look in the mirror or at myself I see the pounds piling on. Its not a good feeling. I started out this week on a good note though...I did 3 miles at the park and it feels wonderful. My conscience is coming to visit this weekend, so I am committed to getting in at least 30 mins every day until he arrives. That would be 6 workouts for the week, which would be awesome. Maybe he'll even be up for doing some walking...or other exercises...with me when he arrives.

Speaking of other exercises, last weekend I took a pole dancing class. Can I just recommend this to every woman on the planet. Not only was it super liberating, it was actually a great workout. I was sore for the next two days. Then I decided to put on the music at my home and practice some of my moves...again I was sore for the next several days. It is an absolutely awesome workout. I know that Carmen Electra and a few others have been offering 'strip tease' classes, which I honestly laughed at. However, I think that I'm going to continue to give this a try. It is especially perfect for days when I'm not motivated to do a 'regular' workout. I can usually always convince myself to get up and shake my groove thing. This might be the best thing since my discovery of yoga!

No comments: