Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Moly, Bikini season is 2 weeks away!

Well your girl is heading off to the south of France in just two short weeks. I hadn't thought much about this, but I see that the little towns of Marseille and Aix-en-Provence are just off the ocean, which means...the clothes are coming off.

Now, there are two thoughts about this.

#1. I feel pretty good about getting out there in my itty, bitty, teenie, weenie...you know the rest, looking just as I do right now. This is great b/c it means that I've achieved one of my goals of getting my body in a shape that I enjoy and am proud of year round (though let's be real...traveling anywhere w/a European crowd you can pretty much head out there looking like a walrus and STILL do better than the 250lb grannys that will be out in your SAME bikini).

#2. Buuut, you know your girl...I want to HURT 'em, so I have to make sure that the tummy is flat and firm. I cannot lie, we did some SERIOUS damage at the family bar-b-que this weekend. I won't even tell you what all was on the spread. That being said, I need to make sure that I stay on my workout routine (maybe adding in a couple of extra crunches), and I don't have any further dietary splurges (ummm...except for Sunday brunch, which I already committed to ;-).

I'm traveling for work this week, and while I was disappointed that there is no LA Fitness in the area to swim, I did bring my yoga mat and clothes. My morning routine will not be shaken!

For my traveling compadres, here are some tips to keep you fit while on the road:

For Women
For Women II
For Men
For Men II and III

4 comments:

identitycrisis said...

I'm so jealous that you are going when it's warmer. There were definitely a couple of COLD days while I was there. I'm sure you'll look great. I'm trying to get it tight for my trip to MIA in June. I WILL be in a bikini (for the first time since freshman year in college).

ThummyB said...

Get 'em, girl! Your workout routine sounds SERIOUS, so I am sure that you will be looking flyy.

No worries on T and I getting there in the warmer months. I'm just excited that we all got the opportunity to go!

T said...

Damn, reason # 8 million seventy three to be stressed today.

I didn't know it was going to be bikini warm. I'm just gonna wear short shorts and and empire waist shirt. My stomach is looking ridic right now.

ThummyB said...

Girl...fugg them ppl on the beach. We just won't take pics :-)