Monday, May 14, 2007

Final Stretch

Soooooo...here I am in the final stretch of my 'get right for Puerto Rico' work out plan. This is the final diet and exercise week. I am already starting off in a bit of a deficit. I had a minor stomach flu/situation yesterday, so I spent a good portion of the day in bed...rather than working out. As such, I've already missed out on one cardio workout that I really wanted to get in.

However, the diet portion is going well. Yesterday I had a smoothie that I purchased at the airport and a banana (Note: the banana is not a part of the diet, but the smoothie was pre-bottled rather than fresh. It turned out to be more like juice.) for breakfast. I attempted a salad for lunch, but my stomach wasn't feeling it, so I ended up skipping my normal lunch. Instead I had a bowl of black bean soup (240 calories & 1 g of fat) later when I was feeling better. I ended the day with a serving of veggies, white rice, and 1 1/2 skewers of grilled chicken. Today, I've had a fresh smoothie for breakfast, and a grilled chicken salad for lunch. I have Lays Baked potato chips (130 calories, 1.5 g of fat) for my late afternoon snack. I'm not sure what dinner will be yet, but I am planning to keep it light w/grilled fish or another salad.

I have yoga (with a pretty tough instructor) scheduled for this evening. I am debating trying to squeeze out 30 mins of cardio either before or after yoga. Ideally before is best b/c I prefer to stay relaxed and stretched after yoga. However, it also sucks to be the stinky girl in class. We'll see. Either way, tomorrow I am planning to do a work out tape (30 mis or an hour), and then get in 30 mins of cardio + 30 mins of strength on Wed, and 45 mins - 1 hr of yoga on Fri. That's the best that I can do.

Damnit! I'd better be more than pleased with what I see in the mirror next week!

Anywho, I'm going to pop on the scale at the gym tonight. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back on before I head out of town, so I may not know for sure what my 'final' weight is before hitting the beach. However, I will report back the weight as of today, and then I'll post pics when I get back.

Oh, before I go...I must cop to some minor cheats from last week. I did have a chocolate covered strawberry AND 1 and 1/2 cookies at a brunch that I was at on Saturday. BUT BUT BUT I did not have the ice cream bar, nor the peanut M&Ms that were offered at the trainings and meetings that I attended on Thurs & Fri, which I DEFINITELY wanted to eat. I don't think that little slip will come back to haunt me, but I do want to keep it honest ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah... the get it right, get it tight diet. You hated us two months ago for that diet, but now your championing it. I think it's hilarious. We were fly on the beach though. I can't wait to see pho-tos from PR!