Monday, May 18, 2009

Work Hard and Play Hard!
  • So Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner, which means that I have 4 days all to myself. This is one of the few long weekends that I'm not traveling to another destination, which is actually somewhat bitter sweet. I'm excited about 4 days of spending time w/my Chi-town friends, relaxing on my balcony, sleeping late, and finishing off the 3 books that I bought in the last two weeks. At the same time, I kinda wish that I could swing to the ATL to chill w/my mom and sister...not to mention to get up on the ATL Carnival activities.

  • Anyway...I've digressed. My point is that, I have an excellent opportunity to really get in some 'Me time'...to rest and to restore my soul. That is...if I don't procrastinate on work this week, which would cause me to have to 'login' over the weekend. Now many of you know that procrastinating is a problem for me (really evidenced by the fact, that I'm blogging at work at 10 am). I hate that I do it, but I just can't help but to put off the necessary...esp. when I have free time up ahead. However, this week (starting just after I post this entry). I AM going to clear my 'to do' list by Thursday night. This may mean some long evenings, but I DO NOT care. Weekends where I have no 'work rain cloud' hanging over my head are the best (not to mention the most relaxing), and I am determined to make this one of those.

  • What about you guys? How is your weekend, and therefore your week shaping up? Are you going to spend your free time focusing on the parts of your life that truly matter? God? Yourself? Your family and friends? Or are you going to use the extra time to get caught up (if not ahead) on work, home projects, and other to do items? Even if you have to knock some work or chores out of the way, then I definitely encourage you to take some time to honor yourself and those parts of your life that are your true priorities. You never know what tomorrow will hold, so live today to the fullest!

3 comments:

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

The weekend is MY time. After workng two jobs last summer, I definitely cherish it. So I make sure to get work to a good stopping point by Friday EOD. For the past two weeks I've been at work until 7 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Friday respectively, but it's ok because there was no work cloud over the weekend.

I'm also wondering if I'm the only person in the world that didn't take Friday off. My clients are off, most of the people that I manage are off. I'll be at work, hungover though, b/c PyT's birthday festivities are Thursdays night.

YESSIR!

ThummyB said...

Girl,

I don't 'take' Friday off, but the Firm has several floating holidays every year that they use for 4 day weekends on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. And YESSIR...my liver might hate me after this weekend. So far I have PyT's bday Thursday night, a Happy Hour w/the co-workers on Friday (that starts at 2 and lasts thru the Hawks game), and my cuz's bday on Sat (which I want to drink at bc...well you know, but I also need to drive sober). We'll se what we get into on Sunday and Mon.