Sunday, October 22, 2006

I think that it was a good week :-)

So I took my 1st aerobics class this week...at least I thought that it was aerobics. In reality it turned out to be 60 tortourous minutes of weight training. I am sooooo sore right now that I can hardly type this. However, I guess I feel stronger and pleased with myself for surviving. Basically we worked upper body, lower body, and abs using anywhere from 8 to 35 lbs of weights. I felt like one of those muscle men in South Beach. Now I'm dying for a massage to take the pain away. I do think that I'll go back to the class, but I am definitely going to adjust the amount of weight that I'm lifting. I should be able to lift the weights more effectively if I lift less.

What I really need to be talking about is my cooking. Basically it sucks. As I have always said...I can keep another human being alive. However, it's just nothing that you'd be excited to eat. My conscience is playing nice, but I secretly think that he's a bit disappointed. He's offered to 'help' me cook now, and I guess I'm ok with that. I really wanted to do a great job on my own and impress him, but that is just not going to happen. He's a good cook, so I'll learn what I can. Maybe oneday I can flip it and surprise him. Anyway, even if I'm not the food genius, I am the planner, so I get to decide what we're eating. Here's what we're going to try cooking this week:

Mon: Baked Chicken Salad (You'll remember that this was one of my successful meals from a few weeks ago. I'd like to try it again)

Tues: Baked Catfish (Not sure how we're gonna season it, but I really like catfish...so its on the menu) w/steamed veggies and red potatoes

Wed: Spicy Shrimp (Ok, I don't really know how we're gonna make it spicy...However the conscience loves spicy food, so I'm sure he'll have some ideas. At the very least we could add a little cayenne or jalepeno to the mix) w/black beans & rice

Thurs: Pasta Salad (I'm thinking of using those tri-colored corkscrew pasta w/Italian dressing, parmesean cheese, and some other miscellaneous ingredients) w/cheesy Italian Bread

Fri: Chicken Breast Sandwiches (Perhaps on our unused French Bread w/red peppers...not the fresh ones, but the ones that come in a jar. I forgot the name...maybe pepperochini. Also provolone cheese, and you guessed it...the seasonings are up in the air.) I'm thining left-over pasta salad can go on the side.

Ok, really we aren't going to cook every night. We'll probably go out to dinner a few nights. Plus I'm sure that HE will have something to say about the menu. However, I think that this is a good start. Cross your fingers that we don't end up in the hospital.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta stop reading your blogs in the morning. It's 9am and I'm already thinking about what I'll be eating for lunch. Not to mention I have some fajitas in the slow cooker at the crib (for dinner)! AND I had to go to the dentist this morning, so I can't eat for like 4 more hours. This really sucks!

I'm sure your cooking will improve. You excel at everything you put your mind to and this won't be any different.

Besides, it can't be THAT bad. Especially since your baking is superb! (LOL, that was jealousy rearing its ugly head)

Is it me or is it time for a weigh-in?

Anonymous said...

that shade of green really don't look good on you tlove. :P

SUN

ThummyB said...

Yeah...its definitely time for a weigh in. I've been pushing it off, but I'll hop on the scale the next time that I'm at my apt.