Tuesday, October 03, 2006



Yay! I got my Ipod. That's right I picked up this little beauty:

It's so small and light weight. At 1st I was having a tough time figuring it out (apparently directions are a thing of the past). However, by the end of the day I believe that I will have successfully downloaded 6 or 7 music files. I should be good to go the next time that I work out. I also got the armband accessory, so that I won't have to hold it in my hand when I run.

I also cooked again last night. Tereyaki chicken strips (baked) with steamed red potatoes. I let the chicken strips marinate in the sauce for about an hour as it defrosted. The I sprinkled it with salt, pepper, and chicked seasoning. I laid the strips out in a pan and set them to bake for about 10 - 15 mins on each side at 375 degrees. I was worried that they would be really dry b/c I had no aluminum foil to cover them. However, the marinade did a really good job of keeping everything moist. Overall I was very pleased, and I have left overs for tonight!

This evening its back to strength training. This is always challenging b/c it requires more focus than the treadmill. As such a little more determination to get through all the exercises is needed, but I really feel like this works the right areas. Tomorrow I'll try out the iPod on the treadmill. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm so hungry. I definitely shouldn't have just read the chicken strip blog. It rained today, ok stormed, in Chicago, so they bought lunch. However, they didn't buy enough. So I got like 1 subway sandwich, (Not a six inch, more like a 4-inch, it was on one of those platters). Now my mouth is watering for marinated chicken, quit playin'! I'm sure it was off the meter. If you want to switch it up, you could bake or fry some bell peppers on the side. (The yellow, red and green make the plate pretty and they add flavor to whatever you're cooking). @#$#@% I'm hungry!