Thursday, April 03, 2008

So...now that I'm done with all of this diet/weight loss stuff, I want to focus on living well. Certainly I want to be around and thriving for as long as possible, and I want the same for my friends and family. This is part of the reason why I have cut back on meat, dairy, pop, sugar substitutes, etc. I also try to make sure that I'm hitting up the doc regularly and doing the necessary maintenance in between visits. Here are some decent tips from Shape.com to consider for long term health. I can even take some of this advice for myself.

4 Health Decisions That Really Matter

By Rachel Grumman

You've probably already memorized the mantra for maintaining a fit and healthy body: Eat well-balanced meals and stick with a regular exercise regimen. But those aren't the only smart moves you can make to ensure a long, enjoyable life. To help guide you, we've focused on the four most important choices every woman needs to make wisely, plus four smaller decisions that also can have a big effect on your health.

Rest Here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the h*ll is "pop"?

T said...

Hey there,

What's the vacay eating plan? Indulge as you see fit and pay for it later, like in JA? Or are you sticking to a more strict regimen so as not to erase the results of your fabulous weight loss in the past 3 months.

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

T said...

@ anonymous pop is "soda" in Chicago. We DON'T say "soda"

ThummyB said...

<_< @ anonymous. You aren't fooling anyone.

I am intending to do a bit of indulging (I am ALL ABOUT the pizza and gelato) while maintaining a normal diet for most of the trip. However, if the eating that I have been doing this week is any indication, then it will be more indulge than deny. My saving grace is that I expect we'll do a lot of walking on the trip. I am hoping that will burn a good deal of calories.