Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Soooo...summer is approaching, and although cold weather is still lingering in the North, the sun shines regularly and its beginning to look like spring. I LOVE IT! I am such a fan of warm weather and beautiful sunlight (w/healthy doses of sunscreen, of course). This comes as no big surprise as sun has already been proven to improve one's mood. However, I think that I am even more of a sun child than the average person. Even when I'm sitting in over an hour of traffic at 7 pm, I just want to roll the window down, crank the music up, and rock out in the vehicle.

This year, I think that I am going to do more to get out and enjoy the weather. Throughout the winter I have been increasingly more of a homebody. An ideal weekend has consisted of running errands in the morning...home and on the couch by noon (sometimes 10 am, if I want to catch the FoodNetwork morning line up)...snoozing and watching tv for the remainder of the day. Its sad, but true (and honestly not that uncommon for many folks during the long winter months). However, this summer I think that I'm going to make a point to enjoy the beautiful weather...bike riding (yikes...if I can re-learn how), walking or just reading/relaxing along the lake, heading downtown for lunch or a movie. Of course, we don't want all of this to get too expensive. However I want to soak up the beautiful days ahead and really appreciate this beautiful city for what may be my last summer here.

Do you have any plans to enjoy the great weather ahead?

1 comment:

T said...

Oh yes. Please believe that I'm going to be a beach bum this summer. Every since that day that it was like 90 in October and I found out I could walk to the beach from my house, I've been dying for summer to get here, so I can lay out.

Also, you know how much I love my neighborhood. [I'm actually about to start a campaign to get my friends who aren't from work to move up here]. Anyway, there are tons of places to chill, get lunch, coffee, read or whatever outside in the sun.

We should definitely explore my hood this summer on some chill type stuff. (And the Boutique and consignment shop shopping is lovely as well).

Anyway, I feel you on the better weather and CANNOT wait for summer!