Thursday, November 06, 2008

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...



I found a new vitamin to try...it's essentially the same as the one above excepts it's the Vitamin World generic brand...also made by New Chapter Organics. It was still a bit more than I wanted to spend...about $40 for a 90 day supply. However, I decided to give it a go b/c as an organic blend it is supposed to break down easier and faster within your body.

So what's the report so far...? I don't know yet. I took the 1st one on Tuesday, but I was sooo hyped about the election that I was full of energy. On Wednesday I was exhausted from the 5 hours of sleep that I got, so that's also kind of a bust. Today I'm back to normal, and I do feel some fatigue. I worked out at 5 (my 3rd workout for the week...gotta finish strong tomorrow and Sat.). However, I'm not exhausted (i.e. thinking to myself 'I'm sooo tired' every 5 mins), so maybe it is doing me some good. I'm committed to taking one everyday for the next 90 days...3 months, and after that I'll make a determination on whether or not it is worthwhile to 're-up' or not.

I've posted the nutritional info below as an FYI:

Probiotic Nutrients * %DV
Vitamin C * 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D * 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E * 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K * 80 mcg 100%
Thiamin-Vitamin B1 * 2 mg 100%
Riboflavin-Vitamin B2 * 2 mg 100%
Niacin * 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B6 * 2 mg 100%
Folate * 800 mcg 200%
Vitamin B12 * 12 mcg 200%
Biotin * 150 mcg 50%
Pantothenic Acid * 10 mg 100%
Calcium * 10 mg 1%
Iron * 3 mg 16%
Iodine * 75 mcg 50%
Zinc * 8 mg 53%
Selenium * 50 mcg 71%
Copper * 1.5 mg 75%
Manganese * 1 mg 50%
Chromium * 60 mcg 50%
Molybdenum * 40 mcg 53%
Potassium * 1 mg <1%>

5 comments:

T said...

$40 for a 90-day supply. You're a baller. That is all.

T said...

Actually, that's not it. I heard that if you take vitamins at night, you'll wake up more refreshed, hence giving you more energy throughout the day. That's something you might want to try since your days are so long right now.

Thanksgiving's just around the corner though. Good times!!!

ThummyB said...

Good info. Thanks homie! You know that I am soooo on the holiday countdown right now.

Kismet Nuñez said...

I might need to think about putting vitamins in my life.

I like Flintstones.

I'm so serious.

ThummyB said...

Oh Flintstones are what's up...I could really go for the gummy one's actually!