Friday, November 14, 2008


Ok, ok, ok...I know that I have been way off of my healthy cooking game. I haven't stepped foot in front of the stove, except to heat something up in the last several weeks. However, I'm going to get back into the swing of things now that I am nearly clear of busy season.

So as I was browsing the net for good recipes to try out, I found this site: Fitfood.com. What I really like about it is the ability to search by your healthy preference (or fashion diet) of choice...such as low carb, low fat, veggie, etc. I already have some great recipe books, but this will still be a nice supplement to those.

I think that I'll give it a try by creating this recipe on Sunday: Stir-Fried Chicken w/Gingered Vegetables.


I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

T said...

Get it girl!

On the healthy eating piece, I found some just for one (or two if you're really dieting) tilapia filet packages at Jewel. $1.49 for a serving size (two filets) of frozen tilapia. It's quick, easy and cheap. Hmm.. that last sentence didn't really come out right... I guess I should say it's healthy too.

Oh well, nevermind. LOL!

ThummyB said...

Cool - I never like to eat left-overs, so if I can cook just one serving at a time, then that is ideal.

Blake said...

I remember when I first got into healthy eating. I'm definitely not big on following detailed recipes or making extravagant dishes, but the thing that made life so much easier for me was the invention of steam bags.

Now I can make steamed fish or steamed broccoli or any other dish thats steamable and not have to worry about cleaning pots and pans or waiting an hour or so for the food to finish.

Those things changed my life. Really, I should have a commercial about this.