Monday, March 24, 2008

Ok, I've got it!!!! Friday - Sunday...we're Master Cleansing!

Here is the plan (taken from mastercleansesecrets.com)

The Master Cleanse Recipe

"The Master Cleanse works just how it sounds; you consume primarily lemonade for the entire time you're on the diet. So the recipes for the diet itself are fairly simple. You should drink a minimum of 60 oz of lemonade a day, but can drink more if you like. You can also drink as much water as you want. I suggest you consume your body weight in ounces of water.

Below are two different recipes. The first is for a single serving of the master cleanse lemonade. The second will make 6 servings

#1 (single serving):

  • 2 Tablespoons of organic lemon Juice (about 1/2 a Lemon)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Organic grade B maple syrup (not the commercial maple flavored syrup you use on pancakes)
  • 1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
  • Ten ounces of filtered water

#2 (60 oz. daily serving):

  • 60 ounces of filtered water
  • 12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
  • 12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
  • 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

There are a couple important things to remember when preparing the lemonade.

For one, the lemon juice used must be fresh squeezed. This cannot be emphasized enough. It is necessary to use fresh produce. Canned juice won't work and will erase most of the benefits of using the master cleanser diet.

Also, the maple syrup must be grade B maple syrup, not the sugar filled syrup that is used at the breakfast table.

The cayenne pepper might seem unnecessary, but it is actually very important. Not only does it help to add a bit of a kick, but the pepper helps to break up mucus and increases healthy blood flow. It also is a good source of B and C vitamins, commonly referred to as Super Vitamins due to their many benefits for the body.

Mixing teas with the recipe is one way to help modify things, just make sure It's decaffeinated tea because caffeine can restrict blood vessels and we want to keep your body passages as open as possible.

Adding a Natural Laxative To Help Flush Out Your System

Taking a laxative will speed up the detoxing process, and help your body eliminate waste.

I prefer ingestible laxatives like, sea salts, and herbal tea. These are ideal methods for cleaning the colonic tract without the harmful effects of colonics and enemas.

Drinking 1 teaspoon of unrefined non-iodized sea salt mixed with 25-35 ounces of water will flush out your system.

It's best to use either of these laxatives (or both of them) 2 times a day. I've found it best to take them in the morning and before I go to bed.

Also, I advise you give yourself at least an hour and a half before you go out when you do this. These laxatives will work fast, and you will discover why you should probably be at home near a bathroom when you use them."

Here are my primary concerns...I have a group training on Friday, which will out my master plan to the other competitors. I mean its going to be pretty obvious that I am not eating. Maybe I can dip away during lunch time...stating that I am going to meet a friend. I can return after lunch and say that I've already eaten. Also, I have to pack a large jug of this stuff to take to work. Booo hiss to that. I am thinking of filling two large water bottles (1 for the morning and one for the afternoon) and discretely pulling them out when no one is looking. Maybe that will work. I'll take some herbal (not laxative...I think we can save that for the weekend) tea bags to have some variety throughout the day.

Most importantly...ya'll pray for me :-( This is going to be the toughest challenge ever as I have NEVER (and probably never will again) gone w/o food for three days. Pure madness, I tell ya! I have a great book that I want to finish on Saturday, and Sunday I believe that I will clean my house...got to stay busy you know!

1 comment:

Product Junkie Diva said...

I have used the MC and I have lost weight following this system. I was considering doing it again but I really dont like the taste of it...yuck....
I hope you are doing well with the MC.
Product Junkie Diva