Wednesday, January 28, 2009


Hey Everyone! So sorry for being MIA. It's just been 'one of those weeks', ya know? Lots of late nights (and not the good 'btwn the sheet' kind...the bad 'staring at a tiny laptop for 14 hrs' kind).


However, I have stayed on my grind. I've been eating right, yoga on Monday...a nice swim today, and I'm planning to swim tomorrow followed by yoga on Friday and Saturday. Oh you counted it right, that's 5 workouts for the week. I've found that 4 is my happy place, and probably where I will need to be in order to maintain my weight once I lose it. However, it is definitely not working for dropping the pounds. A sista has been STALLED like a car on a 10 degrees below zero day. I'm talking about dragging out of bed early 4 days per week, avoiding the high fat/high cal options on the menu, and then staring down at a scale that has moved nary an inch each Friday. A bit discouraging, I'll admit. However, the good thing about losing weight is that you can always start from the very second that you set your mind to it.


Here's the thing...I haven't been counting calories, but I also don't want to go that route. Not just b/c it's no fun, but because you just can't do that forever. I honestly feel that my routine was so extreme when I was on the Biggest Loser Plan last year (counting the calories on every item that I ate...sticking to a 1200-1300 cal diet...being hungry all the time...NO splurges (except JA, and I would fall off of the wagon for that banana porridge ANY day of the week, but I digress)) that as soon as I started living 'normally' then I began gaining. I want to go back to my 2007 weightloss plan of simply eating right, exercising, losing weight over time, and KEEPING IT OFF. That being said, I at least need to ramp up the workout program to get things in gear.


Ok - I got a bit long winded there. Anywho...here are some workout tips to keep your body moving and ready for spring wardrobe shopping:





As for me, I'm very excited that my new bed is being delivered this Saturday. I CANNOT WAIT to climb aboard. Of course, I have to get my old bed dismantled tonight (and I'm a bit fearful of what lies beneath), but I have confidence in myself. Add to all of that a slight reprieve on a work deadline, a superbowl party this weekend, and the release of Steve Harvey's book (anyone who listens to the Strawberry Letters on his morning show has got to be interested in what he has to say), and I'd have to say that things are all smiles on my end!

3 comments:

T said...

Fab recap. I'm excited about your new bed too (Is that weird? LOL!) Now that the kitty's gone I guess the couch can be my new away-from-home home. :)

ThummyB said...

:-)Indeed.

The goal is to get the couch replaced this year as well. I was hoping to have it out by April, when my mom comes...but I'll probably end up holding out until another furniture sale. Either way...by the end of '09, your home away from home should be nice and cozy.

Anonymous said...

Cool - nice to know others going on their fitness journey, and then WOW, achieving it and moving forward from there.

Go sister, go!

Daisy