Thursday, January 29, 2009


Yesterday I successfully took my old bed apart for donation to the Salvation Army. I cannot tell you how gratifying it is every time that I do something handy on my own. As a woman, I don't really like to feel helpless. So every time that I make it happen on my own...I just want to celebrate. Actually I have found that most home projects are not as tough as you think they are...you've just got to know where to start. I found this cool little website: BeJane.com, and it's all about empowerment. Check it out.

3 comments:

b.goody said...

I love it! It feels good when you do things on your own. I've assembled almost all of my furniture, and it really is empowering to know that we actually don't need to play Damsel in Distress :)

ThummyB said...

Good on ya, B!

I'm kinda 50/50. Sometimes I can do the whole project perfectly, and other times I hit a snag (like a bolt that was apparently tightened with the jaws of life) that brings the whole project to a halt. I'm getting better, though.

T said...

I didn't see this post. Good for you.

I don't really get that you go girl feelign when I have to do manual labor or installation or any handy things myself. I don't feel bad about it either, I'm just indifferent.