Friday, February 22, 2008

Brief update. I'm kinda bummed today. I went to Jamaica last weekend and had myself a good time. My eating could have been worse, but it wasn't good. When I left I was around 162.5 lbs, and when I came back I was 164.8 lbs :-( I've been back on the grind this week...even getting in a early morning swim b4 work. However, at the end of the week I weighed in at an even 164lbs. On the one hand I'm really proud of my discipline b/c I haven't missed one workout even w/my scheduling changes these past few weeks. However, I hate that I slipped on my game and lost ground. I'm not longer in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the competition. Everyone else had surges over the last 2 weeks (losing 2-6 lbs), so I was overtaken. *sigh* I know that there are still 6 more weeks to go, and I have proven myself to have the long term consistency to make it to the end. I'm going to stay focused and end this competition on a high note. I'm just temporarily mad at myself and actually surprised at how quickly I put the weight back on. I believed that I would have an easier time maintaining my weight b/c I'm losing it 'safely/healthily'. I guess not.

**sidenote** I'm not that disappointed. I had some jerk chicken, fried fish/lobster, banana bread an porridge, and something called festival that was AWESOME! No regrets on that...just prob coulda did w/o the cappuccino cake, steak, or many cocktails, which were only average.

4 comments:

Reflection said...

The most important thing is you had fun in Jamacia and that was count. However, On a brighter side you may have gain but, at least you have the motivation and know what you have to do to take it off.

sweetnes said...

I'm glad you had fun on your trip :) You'll still have time to win that competition so no worries!

Anonymous said...

"**sidenote** I'm not that disappointed. I had some jerk chicken, fried fish/lobster, banana bread an porridge, and something called festival that was AWESOME! No regrets on that...just prob coulda did w/o the cappuccino cake, steak, or many cocktails, which were only average"

I'M SO HUNGRY. Effing diets just make you hungry when you wouldn't have normally been hungry. After I sent you that recipe, I'm sitting in my office staring at the clock, like what time can I eat lunch?

ThummyB said...

:-) no worries ppl. I'm not really disappointed. I still love the skin that I'm in and the get a way was fabulous. I can't wait until my next interlude (not sure if I'm using that word properly). Plus I'm back on my grind and I weighed in this morning at 161.5 lbs (about 163 on the work scale), so that's great!