Thursday, February 28, 2008

162.2lbs...so says the work scale. I am really pleased with this number. This is a 4 lb loss since my last official weigh in as well as since my return from vacation. It accounts to a loss of 9.1% of my body fat. This is still not quite enough to win the competition. I am behind two co-workers who are coming in a 10.3% and 9.5%.

However, I am not really concerned. I am going to stick with my routine (3 - 1 hr swims and 2 - 50 min yoga sessions per week) for the next 2 weeks. Then I think that I am going to step my game up for the last two weeks of the competition. My plan is to increase my swim schedule to 5 - 1 hr sessions/week. Basically I will swim Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, and Sun mornings w/my yoga practice on Tues and Thurs. This will be the MOST exercise that I will have ever done in my entire life...however, I only have to last for 2 weeks, which I believe that I can do.

I plan to keep my diet consistent b/c I really think that I will need the energy to keep up my exercise pace. I may switch up my water intake, but I am not sure how. I kinda want to drop some of my water weight for the final weigh in. It might give me the extra edge that I need. I'm not sure if this means decreasing my salt intake so that I do not retain as much water or simply decreasing my water intake. I don't know. I wonder what the folks on the real Biggest Loser show...I heard that's how they get down so low for their final weigh ins.

Anyway, I did another early morning swim today, so I am soooo looking forward to being able to come home and chill tonight. I'm honestly pretty undaunted by all of the morning swims ahead of my simply b/c I'll have my entire evening to myself when I get home. I love it! I'm also going grocery shopping again this weekend. I've missed my fresh fruit and salad, so I can't wait to be able to bring fresh (not pre-packaged goods) to work with me again. Even though I tend to loathe the act of grocery shopping, I sure love the end results!!!

3 comments:

sweetnes said...

Holla! Congrats on your loss :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the negative calorie beverages may work for you. I'd hate to send you off so close to the goal, but if you do some research and people say they work, I'd go about it.

Basically, they're like carbonated energy drink that "claim" to burn calories, so they're "negative calorie" drink.

ThummyB said...

Hmmm...I haven't heard about those. I'll look into them. I'm shopping on Sunday, so its a perfect time to pick some up.