Saturday, February 02, 2008

Re. cooking w/ground turkey...I need to get a thermometer. I cooked my turkey meatloaf for an hour on 350. Now, not only did the recipe say to cook it for an hour, but several turkey meatloaf recipes online said the same thing. Buuuuutttt...it was looking kinda pink and mushy. I don't know...parts over cooked and solidified and turned white. However, other parts stayed very pink and soft. I don't know. The online recipes say to cook the meatloaf until the water runs clear...now the liquid in the pan looked clear, but it was hard to tell. However, the main tip that I wish I could have used was to cook until the internal temperature reached 160 degrees. I will definitely be picking up a thermometer the next time that I am in a home store...if I make it through the night...Lord please don't let me make a liar out of myself by proving wrong my mantra, "I can cook well enough to keep a human being alive."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Did you eat it?

Anonymous said...

believe it or not some people would like to not only survive eating but also enjoy the meal they are having.

write that down. lol.

ThummyB said...

Yes, I did eat it. In fact, I've eaten it twice since then, but I felt kinda light headed afterwards. I'm debating if I'll keep eating it or toss it. You know I don't like to waste food.

@ BS...I'm working on getting better. One day the food will be enjoyable, too. Right now...I'm just trying to get it edible.