Sunday, September 07, 2008

Life is Hard!!!!!!!
I think that it must be approaching 'that time of the month' b/c I'm just feeling down today.

Last night I met up w/some old friends at a 'downtown' martini bar. I had been to this particular spot a couple of times, but I guess never during 'primetime Saturday night'. It was packed and the doorman was on that bullshyt...anyone willing to throw extra cash his way or buy a couple of bottles can get in no prob...but us avg. Joes...nada. I stood in a line of about 10 ppl for at least 30 mins. Absolutely ridiculous! I would have left, but the ppl that I was meeting were already inside. THEN the azzhole at the door lets the 9 ppl in front of me enter and closes the rope on me. Grrrr! I asked him how long it would be and this mutha-flubber just shrugs w/o even looking at me. I was sooo sooo frustrated and just said..."Is it a capacity issue b/c its really only me." Finally he said, "It's just you? Come on." I was glad to get in (just b/c my peeps were there), and I let it go and had a great night as soon as I got in the door (I really must be growing). However, in retrospect I just hated the whole experience.

I felt...less than. I just felt like, as much as I love myself, he treated me like I wasn't wealthy enough, or popular enough, or pretty enough, or whatever. It really drives me up the wall when ppl of minimal importance/influence try to use that little bit of power to treat others badly. Meh...I'm just rambling, but looking back...my feelings were really hurt. I felt like I try really hard to be a good person and treat others well, and I really don't deserve to be disregarded. I guess that's just life though.

On a happy note...I SMASHED a 4 piece wing from Harold's in about 10 mins at 3 in the am. Delicious!! PLUS I discovered Shop Erotic on late night tv. Now I wasn't looking to make a purchase, but who even knew that HSN sold the goody goodies late a night? You learn something new everyday.

2 comments:

T said...

UGH! I friggin' hate mean bouncers. People of minimal importance indeed. And Martini Park has so many strikes against them that I'm tempted to boycott. I cannot, however, deny that they've got the best atmosphere and mango martinis in town.

Note to self: While service is important having a product that's unavailable elsewhere is what will really bring in the big bucks.

Back to you: you're fabulous and don't let these flashlight cops get to you.

You're also welcome to become a member of the "give a bouncer a free teddy bear or blanky, so he doesn't have to sleep with his flashlight anymore" foundation.

http://teaandsuch.blogspot.com/2008/03/things-that-destroy-my-party-going.html

ThummyB said...

AHAHAHA! I remember that post. Yes...bouncers are just ppl whose parents never hugged them.