Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quick mid-morning WTF?


Sooooo...one of my new staff...I mean one step above intern/breast milk still on your breath brand new...had the nerve to comment that we were wasting his time by having him to drive to the burbs when there isn't much work to do. Now mind you ...we all get paid by the mile, which for me comes out to about an add'l $130 per week, AND he still gets his salary and his utilization whether he is actually doing work or not. You already know that I am giving him the side-eye at this point.

I go ahead and intentionally assign him two add'l tasks to keep him busy...hopefully very busy, and this M*!her F*@ker re-assigns the work to another new staff w/o asking or telling. WTF!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF for real. Make sure you put him in his place for that BS.

T said...

@ thummy b, oh I got 1 for ya!

Two people I manage had an event yesterday and aren't at work yet. It's 10:24 a.m. CST. I notice and send out a polite WTF e-mail and one of them tells me sorry, on the way in, the other is like "I assumed it'd be ok for me to come in late today."

I can't close my jaw right now. Really, I'm trying.

ThummyB said...

Seriously - I keep trying to go back and remember if I was like this when I was a staff. I can see just how far I have come, but I don't think that I was anything like this.

AND AND AND he's been talking to everyone about how he really wants to switch projects. We're like "Dude, chill out. You JUST got here, and have years to explore other opportunities at the firm."