Tuesday, September 02, 2008


Uber-Fast Updates
(See what I did there? A pic of Usain Bolt, who's fast and whose name starts w/a 'U'. Ya, like it, don't ya?)

Ok, so I'm super, super, super, super, super busy, but I didn't want to neglect the blog for too long.

Last week I did succeed in getting in 4 workouts (one of which was at 5:30 am on my day off), so yay for dedication. I still feel like I'm packing on the pounds, though. I was weighed at the doctor's office last week, and let's just say that I was not pleased with the results. I'm just going to stay on my workout grind, and I have GOT to increase my discipline w/eating. The mid-day snacking has got to chill, if I'm going to stay in the clothes that I bought. The workout plan this week is Wed-Sat, so keep rooting for me.

Work is going well. I'm working on a project that I really hope will be rolled out area-wide (at least) and possibly nationally. I met w/my boss two weeks ago, who had some awesome feedback on the best way to make it to the next level. I'm always thinking on how to step my game up. Plus I have two golf outings coming up this fall, so the opportunities to network are definitely there. YAY ME! At the same time...there just always seems to be sooo sooo sooo much more work to be done, so I'm not drowning, but I'm also not floating either. I'm moreso doggy paddling...surviving and getting ahead...slowly.

I think I got a hook up on getting my new digital camera on the Best Buy 'friends and family' discount. Awesomeness!

Lastly, I really think that I am growing as a person. I don't have the energy to go into much detail, but I am constantly thinking about who I am and what I am offering to this world...on a level beyond what I have been before. I reflect on the post that I made a few months ago about having a purpose in life. I said that my purpose was just to be a good person and an asset in the lives of others. I still believe that, and I am consciously making an effort to live that type of life. This makes me happy!

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

T said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulba1SQTYw

This sums up every week for me. Survive!!!

I wonder if I could get a MAC from Best Buy... $500 from work, couple hundred from the 'rents as a Christmas gift AND a discount? If so, I might make money on that computer purchase.

ThummyB said...

Love the video! You know the donut trap is true...you get that invite to XYZ meeting, and you're juuust about to click 'decline' when you see the words "Snacks/Breakfast/Lunch indcluded!"