Friday, August 18, 2006

Finally did the weigh in:

Last night I went down to my apartment complex's gym for my standard 30 mins on the eliptical machine. While I was there I noticed that we had an old fashioned scale. You know, like the ones at the doctor's office where you have to slide the weights down until it balances. Yeah, that one. I was kind disappointed b/c I wanted to use a digital scale, so that I could be 100% sure of the reading. However, as luck would have it, this was all there was. So I completed my workout and went over to face my destiny. I climbed on (barefoot of course), and began to move the 50lb bar. 1st I moved it to 200lbs, and guess what? The bar dropped like a rock. YAY!! I wasn't 200lbs any more. Next I moved it to 150lbs, and I moved to 1lb bar to 50. Still too heavy!. I slowly began to inch back the 1lb bar, and it finally balanced at 43lbs. You do the math folks, 150lbs plus 43lbs is 193lbs. Yay, that's about a 7 lb loss. Now to be fair, I had been making little changes in my eating habits before I committed to doing better 3 weeks ago, so I could have loss a pound or two before I really began my lifestyle change. Either way, I'm estatic!

This was just the motivation that I needed to keep going. Tomorrow I'm going to go running by the lake, and Sunday I'll do my strength training. Next week I should have plenty of free time to exercise everyday, and I'm even going to start trying to cook a few healthy meals (I usually just eat out when I'm traveling). I'm so glad.

Now the question is...do I feel thinner? I don't know. I look at myself everyday, so I can't so much see a change. Some of my clothes (the 2 pairs of pants that had pushed me into size 16) are hanging loose, but then again clothes always loosen up over time. I'll have to keep monitoring it and see what people who haven't seen me for awhile say. Regardless, the scale doesn't lie, so I'm just going to keep pushing on and looking forward to even better things in the future!

No comments: