Monday, August 28, 2006

Ok, its been nearly a week and not much excitement has taken place. I've been doing a good job of sticking to my diet, but I only worked out 4 times last week. While I am proud of that small number, I don't want to get complacent. I need to keep pushing myself to get up to the 6 times per week that I am aiming for. I guess the most difficult part about exercise is that I never have days that I am not scheduled to work out. Typically, if I don't work out it is because I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to do so. When I miss a scheduled work out b/c of this, then I typically aim to excercise on my 'off' day as a make up. This repeats week after week, so while there are days that I don't work out, it is usually just b/c I couldn't push myself to do so. The real negative about this is that every day that I don't work out feels like a day that I've failed, rather than a well deserved rest. I don't really know what the solution to this is. I'm not willing to sacrafice my goal of 6 days per week yet. That is the easy route, and I don't want to start making these sorts of allowances so early in the game. If I don't push myself now, then I'll quickly fall back into my old habits and end up right back where I started. I guess I'll just have to work harder to stick to my schedule, so I can feel good about my days w/o a workout. Also, I might want to look for some excercises that are more fun and desirable to do. I might not have to worry about the motivation part if I'm preparing to do an activity that I enjoy. Maybe I'll look into checking out some fitness videos from the library.

Other than that, all is well. I think that I can see a difference in how my clothes fit. I'm going to work on myself for about 2 more weeks b4 I head for the next weigh in. Hopefully, I'll be progressing along nicely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Girl!

Listen to this while working out. It always get me pumped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DmLMd52VAM