Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Eeek! I have to get weighed today.

I was all set to eat right and exercise for the next two weeks. After that, I was going to bite the bullet and hop on the scale. I was feeling very comfortable with that game plan. Then I realized that when I go to the doctor today, they are going to ask to weigh me. Oh my! What if the number is greater?!?!? I'm incredibly paranoid that I didn't do it correctly in the 1st place, so I am dreading getting a 're-test'. Ugh! Ok, I've got to calm myself. There isn't anything that I can do about it. I've been eating well and exercising regularly. Just yesterday I wowed myself by running a mile and walking 2 more miles. I'm sure that it will be fine, and if the number isn't one that I like then I'll just have to re-evaluate my work outs and meals and try harder. Whew!

Speaking of re-evaluating my work outs, I think its time to step my game up on my strength training exercises. They say that if you are lifting weights you should be using the # of pounds that make you feel like you couldn't possibly do one more at the end of your set. I don't really feel like that right now. Of course, I want to stop. However, I feel like I could do another squat or lunge if I had to. Today I'm going to revisit some of my workouts from the Essence magazines and try to incorporate some more challenging moves. I don't want to exhaust myself with every single work out, but I do want to feel like I pushed my body and accomplished something. I'll let you know what I come up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thumb, I commend you on sticking to your workout schedule and your diet routine, however, in reading through your blogs you seem to really be beating up on yourself. As a twist, try congratulating yourself and focusing on the good things that you are doing and the pounds that you have lost. I think that this will help to boost your confidence and give you continued motivation. Just a thought!

Love,

Mom