Friday, August 11, 2006

Week 2 update.

So here I am about half way through week two (its really over on Sunday), and I think that I've done a pretty good job. I've definitely been eating differently and exercising nearly everyday. For the days that I haven't exercised, I've doubled up the work out the following day to equal to six workouts (six days) per week. I still feel like a recovering drug addict. Two weeks is hardly out of the woods, and everyday I have the desire to get a McDonald's breakfast or fried shrimp for lunch. Yet, I have to celebrate a little for sticking with it thus far. I also have my conscience (read: boyfriend) raising an eyebrow at me if I reach for the slightest indulgence (like an extra packet of cream for my coffee, 2g of fat & 40 calories each, or a cherry flavored ricola).

The biggest question is...what is my current weight? Honestly, I'm a little scared to hop on the scale. I mean what if it doesn't show any decrease? Two weeks really isn't much time. What if I underestimated my original weight so that while I may have lost weight I'm only down to the 200lbs that I thought I was starting at, or worse 200lbs +? I guess, I'll have to do it at some point, but I'm definitely dreading it. I kinda wanna just go on feeling good about myself and wait for my clothes to get thinner. I guess if I don't weigh in, though, I'll never know if my program is working or not, and I'll never get to celebrate. Le sigh. Ok, this Sunday, at the end of my 2 weeks, I will hop on the scale and come back with a number to report. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thumb! I really like your Blog. I think it is an excellent way to keep track of your weight loss progress. Don't worry about weighing yourself. I believe that if you stick to your food and exercise schedule (and I think you will) you will be pleasantly surprised at the results. Kudos to you for taking the first step which will change the rest of your life.

Love

Mom