Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Results...

So I went to the doctor's office as planned and hopped on the scale to be weighed. I watched the nurse move the weights back and forth until the scale finally balanced out around 197 lbs. WHAT!!!! I was shocked and horrified. After she left, I hopped back on the scale to re-weigh myself b/c I was sooooo sure that she had done it wrong. I made sure that the scale balanced 1st and then took painstaking measures to be sure that I got the exact weight...196lbs. I was so hurt :-(. I acknowledged that I might not have been perfect in calculating my original weight, but secretly I believed that I had been. As I sat in the exam room awaiting the arrival of the doctor (weighting is always fun!), I sent my conscience a sulky text message with the results. Ever the thinker he suggested that I go back to my original scale and re-weigh myself there. So, I rushed home and hopped back on the scale at my gym. I took my time to get the correct reading...192lbs. Down 1 pound from the last reading! The question still remains, 'Which scale is correct?' However, either way...I lost one more pound from before, so YAY ME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom (in another post). You have to stop beating yourself up, you're doing a good job. Just stay on the bus on this one. We know we're sitting on the bench on some other issues. LOL!

But I digress...

I don't think it matters which scale is right as long as they are both tipping in the right direction.

But, you know the doctor's is probably more accurate. Again, not important, 'cause you've lost weight.

So YAY to you!

T