Monday, September 11, 2006

10lb count down.

Ok, today I'm beginning my 10lb count down. That is, I'm aiming to lose 10lbs by the time that my conscience returns from London - 4 or 5 weeks from now. I'll do a weigh in after my work out this evening. Note, it'll be on my home-gym scale, so who knows if it's right. However, it'll give us a bench mark, so that's what's important. I'm going to re-focus myself on completeing 6 workouts/week alternating between cardio and strength training. Right now, I can comfortably run 5 two-minute intervals on the treadmill. This is just under a mile of running. When I add in the 5 two-minute intervals of speed walking as well as the 2 five minute warm ups/cool downs then I'm at just under 2 miles. I am planning on taking it up to 4 three-minute intervals this evening. I've found that it takes me just about 3 minutes to run a quarter mile, so this should put me at a solid mile of running. Also, I am looking to step up my strength training. I have got some new moves, that I'm planning to incorporate. I think that this will help me to get more out of those sessions. Gotta get that metabolism up!

As for the cooking, I'm probably going to start on my 3 dishes later this week or early next week. I'll still be eating healthy, but I haven't decided what I'm going to try yet. For this week, it'll probably just be salads and whole-grain cereal for dinner. Ahhh, the life of a bachelorette ;-)

No comments: