Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Next Steps

Ok, I kinda fell off the wagon this weekend. We had a 4 day weekend at work, and while I continued to watch my eating, I really only exercised once. Bad Lesley! This week I need to re-focus myself and get it together.

Also, I found out that my conscience is probably going to be leaving next week to go to Europe for a month. At first I felt discouraged. I mean, I think I have will power, but having someone there to eat healthy and excercise with you makes a whole world of difference. Even when I really really really want to go off my diet (like having popcorn or candy at the movies) I stick to it b/c he encourages me to do so. I felt like I'd never be able to stay on track with him gone. At the very least, I'd want to eat as comfort food to make up for his absence. However, I decided to re-focus myself and take a different approach to the situation. I haven't really been able to tell if I look very different since I began losing weight b/c I see myself everyday. This is a perfect opportunity to get some real feedback on if my appearance is actually changing. I am challenging myself to loose 10lbs from the time that he leaves until the time that he returns. This will keep me on track and motivated during his abscence as well as allow me to get an honest opinion regarding my appearance. Additionally, I am aiming to master three home cooked meals. As many of you know, I am nooo chef. Anything out of the box or w/directions is my friend. However, I'm going to try personalize three healthy meals to show off when he returns. I know three isn't alot, but I most likely won't cook EVERY day. Plus I'll need to do the recepies a couple of times to get them right. I'll let you know what I come up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh cooking. You could do Spaghetti with turkey meat. (Clearly I know how to make that, so that's why I suggested it). I went to the G. Garvin thing this weekend and he made a cherry tomato salad (oh wait, do you like tomatoes, I don't think so, but I've already started). Anyway it had goat cheese and asparagus and shallots. Girl, it was off the meter. I'm definitely making that whenever I have a function at my house. AND I had a vegetarian taco salad last night. Red onions, potatoes (ok, skip the darn potatoes) carrots, iceberg lettuce and some sort of topping. I know I'm missing some ingredients, but it too, was tight to death.


What's my point? The possibilities are endless and with your conscience gone (no dis), you'll have more time to talk, so call me and we can go over recipes together. YAY!


T