Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wow...I didn't realize how long it had been since I had posted.

I had kind of a slow weekend. I think I ran out of steam. I didn't exercise Friday - Monday. However, I have picked it back up this week, working out Tues & Wed. I'll be back on the treadmill tonight. I don't know what it is though. I'm having a tough time with motivation. On the one hand, I've gotten several compliments about my weight loss, and in some ways I can even see it. This does excite me, to be sure. However...I don't know. I just don't like exercising, which makes it though for me. I haven't found a routine that is fun. I like dancing, but I can't really take dance classes at home b/c my schedule is all over the place. I wonder if I can find one to take during the last 3 months that I'm traveling. Also, maybe I'll check out the video store and see if there are some exercise tapes that interest me. I do like aerobics.

Anyway, I've maintained my eating and lost 2 lbs. I'm at 190lbs now. I'm not sure if I'll make 8lbs in 3 weeks, given how I'm struggling now. However, I'll keep trying. Something will be better than nothing. I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might be lame, but you could get the MTV working out videos. They teach you all the JT and Britney (and maybe Janet) moves. If you get the tapes let me know and I'll do it with you. It could be a hilariously fun time! Think Dance 1, before we knew what we were doing, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just thought of something else too. This month's issue of Shape (Fergie on the cover) had an article about working out buddies. The women ended up losing so much weight because they had someone to answer to. I think they went walking every morning. The logic was, they knew they had to get up and go because the other person was waiting for them at the corner and they didn't want to let each other down. It seemed to work very well. So that's an option.


Also, walking is a very effective way to lose weight. You won't be dropping pounds really fast, but if you do it for like an hour everyday then it'll be easier than pounding the treadmill. AND AND you can listen to your i-pod and/or talk about people in your head while walking. Both are perfectly legitimate pastimes.

:P

ThummyB said...

LOL - I'll let u know if I pick up any dance tapes. As a matter of fact, if we go shopping this weekend, then we can keep an eye out for them. That would be awesome. You, Pascale, Tiff and I all in the living room trying to get the choreography to 'Oops I Did It Again!'. Pascale would give it about 15 mins b4 she called it ridiculous and bounced. LOL!

Also, I read the article with Fergie and I tried walking on a steep incline (level 10 - whatever that is) for a half an hour. It said that I burned as many calories as running, but I didn't feel like I had worked that hard. I'm definitely going to do that on days where I'm sick or just dreading working out. I might step it up to an hour on those days, just as long as my calves don't start getting big. Eeewwww!