Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Aaaaand They're Off!

So I weighed myself at the home gym on Monday, and I was still at 192 lbs. This is where I'm setting my benchmark, and I'll aim to be 182 lbs, by this time next month. I think that I'm off to a good start. I successfully worked out the last two evenings, and I'm planning on hitting the treadmill again this evening. I pushed my running up to 3 min/quarter mile segments. I have to admit that it was really tough on Monday. I had such a hard time breathing evenly. Hopefully this evening will be easier. I am also mixing up my strength training work out. Yesterday I added in some new moves, but I think that I need to do a better job of stretching before hand. The work out is pretty leg intensive, and I started to cramp up about 3/4 of the way through. My biggest challenge was finding weights to use during the workout. I really like that I can do the strength exercises right in my living room. For some reason it seems a lot more convenient and the time passes quicker. However, the gym has weights, which are necessary for some of the exercises that I want to do. Last night I used canned foods, but it the future I may just have to bite the bullet and head to the gym.

As for food, I am also off to a great start. I picked up lots of healthy options at the grocery store. I got fresh chicken, catfish, orange roughy, snapper, and shrimp. I also got a variety of marinades and seasonings to use. Additionally, I picked up cereal, turkey, and tuna so that I can make quick meals on the days that I don't feel like cooking. Where I really seem to struggle is with snacking, though. This week I got lots of low calorie/low fat snacks for home and work. 100 Calorie pack, Fat Free/Calorie Free Instant Pudding/Rainbow Sherbert/Rice cakes. I think that I should be able to enjoy after lunch and after dinner snacks w/o having to feel too guilty. Yay for me! I'll let you know when I create my 1st tasty meal.

No comments: