Friday, September 15, 2006

Ok, so I made my first meal, and I think that it came out quite well. I did a stir-fry shrimp of sorts. I combined sliced red and yellow bell peppers, and frozen brocolli in a skillet with my shrimp. I added in a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and sauteed the mix for about 15 minutes. Then I mixed in about three tablespoons of the stir-fry sauce that I picked up for the last five minutes. I cooked it until the shrimp were finished and the veggies were tender. Finally I just poured the mixture over steamed white rice. It was pretty decent. I really liked how it turned out. I think that I can improve it by choosing a different combination of frozen veggies. By selecting one with carrots, snow peas, pea pods, etc. it might be a more authentic stir fry mix. However, I had to start somewhere, so cheers for me.

I've also done a good job by sticking to my workouts. I have strength training left to do tomorrow, and Sunday should be my day off. However, if possible, then I'm going to try and go hiking rather than taking Sunday off. I rode the exercise bike today for 30 mins, but I hardly broke a sweat. I don't really feel like I got a very good work out at all. If I can exercise on Sunday, then I'll go for it and just take off a different day later in the week. If not, it's all good anyway.

P.S. I found out that my home scale is the accurate weight. When I went to my parent's home this weekend, I bit the bullet and hopped on their scale. It doesn't require any manual efforts. You just look down and check out the reading. Low and behold it was at 191 or 192 (the display was tiny). Either way it was clearly well below 195, so hooray...the doctor's scale was wrong!

No comments: