Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ok, so I'm on the Biggest Loser 'Get it right, Get it tight' diet and workout plan, and so far it is going well. It's an adjustment b/c you have to once again get used to not really getting full at each meal. I am pretty much eating until I m no longer hungry and stopping there. Its cool though. If I'm not thinking about food, then for the most part I am not hungry. However, when I want to eat (I'm having cravings so food is on my mind), then it is just a torturous countdown to the next mealtime.

I did all of my grocery shopping yesterday, which was exhausting. However, I think I did a pretty good job of picking a sufficient amount of healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner foods. I've got some chicken breast thawing out now, so I'll make dinner, which should last me for tomorrow as well. I kinda feel victim to the savers deals at the store. I'm going through the aisles like "5 packets of frozen spinach for only $6...of course I want that. In fact, I'll take 10." What can I say? I'm a sucker for a deal. Hopefully, I won't end up wasting anything.

I also hit the gym, both yesterday and today. I swam for about 45 mins each time, and I actually forgot to count how many laps I was doing. I think I do about 10-14 laps (down and back) in a 45 minute period, but I'm not sure. I'll have to count next time. Tomorrow and Wednesday are yoga days, and then it is back to swimming on Thursday. Also I am going to the doctor on Friday morning, and I am sure that she is going to want to weigh me. I'll let you know what is the outcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! I haven't been on the blog in a minute, but I know you're super serious about the challenge, cause I've never seen you turn down wedding cake before.

Also, I didn't realize the stakes were so high. *smacking my lips* I'd be looking like Nicole Richie for that much money. (I could eat it back with my winnings).

Also, I'm excited about the possible 15-20 lb weight loss. If you're "I'm holding a lot of fluid" theory is right and you really are closer to 172 lbs and you lose 15-20, you'll be the size of a model.

Side Note: We're going to be extra-fly in the Bahamas!!!

Matter of fact, if you lose that much weight, I think you need to be on a go-see to Elite/Ford or whomever else, and tell them you're the flyest plus size model they'll ever find.

Yes, you've inspired me to go to the gym tonight... ok... maybe.

P.S. Let me know if you want to get up on some weekend workouts. I still have some free passes and parking really isn't that bad by my place in the morning. :)

ThummyB said...

Yeah, I'm excited about it too. Its almost easier to eat the correct way when I know what's at stake. When I'm just trying to maintain my weight or live healthy, then there is a sentiment like "Well I'm not cutting wedding cake out of my diet completely, so I can have some today. This is my splurge for the month." and then thoses splurges add up.

We can def. continue to work out. What I was going to say is you can stay at my place on Sat, and we can work out b4 church on Sunday. I was planning to do that anyway, but you're more than welcome to go with me. I forget what the entry cost for non members is. It think its either $10 or $15, but we can work something out.

Anonymous said...

Kewl!