Friday, January 11, 2008

**singing ** "whoo hooo.....whoo hooo..."

You probably can't hear the song that I am thinking of in my head, but trust me it is appropriate. I got weighed at the doctor today...169lbs!!!!!!!!! So since my starting weight was 179, than that's a 6% loss in weight. Whoo Hooo!!!!

Now there has been some talk on the team about making weight adjustments. Only half of the ppl on the team took advantage of the option to load up on water prior to the weigh in...obviously giving us a heavier weight by several pounds. Some feel that this is an unfair advantage, which I somewhat agree with. Honestly, I didn't think that the water would give me anymore than a pound or two extra weight. However, apparently it had a significant impact. If I would have known that I would weigh in 8+ pounds heavier than my true weight, then I would have thought twice before chugging all the beverages. I'm not sure what we're going to do. Some ppl are saying that we should reduce the water drinkers' initial weight by a pound or two. I'm kind of for this and kind of against it. On the one hand, there were no rules written in to prevent this, so is it my fault that someone else didn't work it to their advantage? On the other hand, this is a friendly competition, which is not intended to be played unfairly. We'll see what the sentiment is after the this week's results are reported.

Anyway, I'm just going to keep 'making it do what it do, baby'. I've been tracking my calories and activities on www.fitday.com. I have also made working out mandatory, and trust me there were some days when I didn't want to do it. The schedule is swimming 3x/week and yoga 2x/week. As long as that keeps yielding results, then I'll stick with it. Otherwise, I'll make some adjustments.

Ciao!

No comments: