Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So at the beginning of this week I was feeling really good about myself. I accomplished pretty much everything that I wanted to accomplish, and I have a nice daily routine, of which I am proud (yoga, swimming, prayer, relaxing, etc.). Now I still feel great about myself (I am just where I need to be), however, I can now see more clearly where others fall short. My best friend (shot out to Tea and Such) recently posted about how others rarely do what they are supposed to do the 1st time around...causing you to have to sacrifice more time and effort to allow them to correct their mistake.


This weekend I took my car to the dealership for regular maintenance. They were supposed to change the oil and rotate the tires...now the steering wheel is pulling to the left, and I have to fight to keep the wheel straight. It is probably just a matter or re-aligning the wheels, but the dealership is super far from my house. Now instead of spending my Memorial Day weekend doing NOTHING, I have to contemplate whether or not I want to take the car back to be adjusted. ALSO, I am purchasing a custom countertop from IKEA. Twice I've had to call them and their countertop company to schedule appointments and follow-up. Mind you all of these calls were for items that they were supposed to contact me in regards to. It's like...it isn't the worst thing in the world, but I would prefer not to have to remember to do what I am supposed to do as well as to remind you to remember what you are supposed to do.

Whew...ok that was just a little rant. I'm still going to continue being happy about my life...but sometimes I just have to pause and shake my head at others.

No comments: