Saturday, May 24, 2008

Soooo...I've got some mid-term goals. Is that a real phrase? mid-term? Basically these are goals that I'd like to achieve in the next 18 months. They aren't quite short term (like my weight loss challenges have been). Yet, I can't really say that they are long term (like next 5 years kinda thing).

So anyway...I really want to make the most of this stage of my life before I progress to the next one. Lost of changes will be happening in 2009, and I want to make sure that I am really and truly prepared for them. So...'What kind of goals do you have?', you might ask. Well a few, and here is how I plan to achieve them.

The good thing is that most of my goals are just a matter of consistently maintaining the habits that I have created:

- Stepping up my cooking skills (This can be done by trying new recipes and keeping up my Sunday night dinners)

- Maintaining a healthy routine (Ideally, I would like to stick with my Sat & Sun swims and Yoga 3x a week. However, I have to weave biking in here somewhere, so that may become my Sat activity)

- Developing my relationship w/God (I plan to continue to read my Bible and meditate twice a week, plus Church on Sundays. I need to be more committed to attending Church at least every other week)

- Fixing up my condo (This project is in the works as my Dad is coming in just a week to help me make several updates. By the time that he leaves I will hopefully only have a few more renovations to make)

- Step up my game at work (I really need to begin operating like a well-oiled machine on the job. I think that I am already ahead of the game and performing at an 'exceeds expectations' level. However, I think that to be in a good place to get promoted, then I need to be at 'greatly exceeds expectations'. In order to do this I really really really need to shake off my procrastinating spirit. It is definitely holding me back. In addition to that I need to begin thinking one step ahead of my managers. By this time next year, I need to be at a place where I am managing upwards...i.e telling my boss what I need them to do in order to wrap up the project, rather than receiving direction from them. This is my biggest and most critical goal.

I hope that you all are taking this holiday weekend, which represents the beginning of a new season, to think about where you are and where you're going. Who do you want to be in life, and how are you going to get there? There really is no time like the present to begin moving towards your future.

No comments: