Monday, October 06, 2008



I have a confession. I knew that the snacking and unhealthy eating that I've been doing was having an effect on my body. My tummy has been poking and my slacks have been snugger. However, I had been avoiding the scale and promising to do better the next day. Well, this morning I decided to commit to a fresh start with my healthy life-style. In order to do this, then I had to face the music...or shall we say, the numbers. I climbed on and weighed in at 177lbs.

Now some of you may remember that this is only 2 lbs less than when we began the Biggest Loser challenge 10 months ago, and a far cry from the 153 lb at which I ended the competition 7 months ago. How do I feel about this? Of course, I'm sad and disappointed that I undid soooo much of my hard work. I really LOVED my body at the time, and I cannot say the same right now. However, I do feel a bit encouraged. Despite the weight gain my new clothes still fit (though a bit tighter) and my old clothes are still loose). Plus, I am already working out regularly, so I don't have to begin a new regimen. Most important, I already know that I can lose weight, so this doesn't seem like such an insurmountable challenge.

I guess I just wish that I had done a better job with maintaining my weight. I'm kinda tired of being on a 'weight-loss' campaign. I just want to be at my goal or 'happy weight' and stay there. I guess I'll be doing some research on how to maintain weight loss, so be on the lookout for that. In the mean-time, I am back off of sweets and greasy foods. The goal weight is 160 lbs, which is where I was most pleased during the biggest loser. I am mostly focused on losing weight consistently and healthily until I reach my goal weight. However, if I had to set a time line it would be 160 lbs by Christmas. I'll be posting weekly updates to keep myself in check.

Don't worry...the blog is not going back to all weight loss all the time. I kinda like the diversity that I've brought into it, so I'll keep trying to post info that betters us mentally, spiritually, and physically.

2 comments:

T said...

Just make sure you get to a weight you can comfortably maintain. I don't think you're built to be TOO small and I also think you look better when you fill out your jeans. (You might just need some tighter jeans though, lol)

But of course, it's all about how YOU feel and how you think you look, so do you homie.

I'm in your corner either way.

ThummyB said...

Thanks girl. I was actually meaning to post an addendum b/c I peeped myself in the mirror this morning and was not mad AT ALL.

I think that 165 would be easy to maintain and 160 would prob take a little work. Either way, I hope to some pounds AND get tighter jeans.