Monday, October 13, 2008


Well, I weighed in this morning, and I'm still at 177lbs. Meh. I'm not really phased by this, though. I stayed on my exercise schedule and ate properly last week. There are some things that I can do better this week, but ultimately...I felt that last week was a good snapshot of how my life should be. Regular exercise, and smart food choices (not counting calories or longing for every sweet that passes me by).

PLUS, I read an advertisement over the weekend that said "Sexy is...liking who you are." I'd have to agree with that...we've all seen that completely WACK girl who has so much confidence, that she has tricked everyone else into thinking that she's fly. Well, I'm not into trickery, but I do think there is a bit of sensuousness about a woman who loves what she has going on and expects you to love it too. So, while I really felt that I 'had it going on' at 160 lbs, my main goal is to stay on an exercise schedule and eat wisely. After that, I'm cool with wherever my body takes me.


Now on to other things...vacation...where should I go this year? There is a chance that I will be traveling alone, so I don't really want to leave the country this go round. I want to do something fun and enjoyable (but not necessarily meant for two or more ppl). A friend took a trip along the California coast last year...that's an option. You can roll out solo, enjoy the beautiful scenery, visit some new cities, and use the experience as an opportunity for self-reflection. Not a bad get away.



I am also thinking of maybe trying to find a spa, but I have a feeling that trips like those are for the ballers. However, if I could afford it, then I could spend a couple of days in complete relaxation, self-reflection, meditation, and let's not forget SHOPPING. Any other ideas?

2 comments:

T said...

I think somewhere in the desert would be fun to go to solo. Phoenix, Santa Fe, the nice neighborhoods outside of Vegas. You could get your nature on.

My friend also sent me this, girlfriend getaways, I'm sure a bunch of them would be fun solo.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25821361/from/ET/

I also have a best solo trip article somewhere. I'll forward to you once I find it.

ThummyB said...

We MAY have a winner...


10. Yoga in Costa Rica
Women who want to get in touch with their inner yogi flock to Costa Rica, where yoga camps and spiritual centers await. It's no wonder pura vida — the pure life — is a local motto, as there's a wealth of wellness-based attractions here for women travelers. Jungle-river rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, and surfing are all part of a getaway to Costa Rica; whether your girlfriends want an eco-friendly destination, an adventure-filled vacation, or a yoga-centric retreat, there's a vacation here that suits.

Book it: The aptly-named Pura Vida Wellness Retreat & Spa offers a "Mind/Body/Spirit Program" that includes seven-nights accommodations, all meals, 10 yoga sessions per week, a one-hour complimentary massage, meditation classes, eco-adventure tours through the rainforest, a guided hike in the surrounding hills, and transfers to and from the San Jose Airport from $1,035 per person.