Monday, October 27, 2008


Soooo...I'm going to be putting my cutie-pie kitty up for adoption soon. I love her, but she just can't live with me any more.

*Le sigh* Where to start? The biggest issue is that I simply don't have time for a pet right now. I work 10 or 11 hours/day, and with an hour commute each way this leaves me with only about 2 or 3 hours to spend with her each day...and much of that time is spent getting ready for the following day. If you know anything about cats, then you know experiences like this can lead to anxiety, which leads to...acting out. It's the acting out that is really driving me crazy. After two years of doing just about everything that I can think of to 'cat proof' my home, I realized yesterday evening that I am living in a prison. She has free reign, while my life and I are confined to the few safe havens that I have carved out. This cannot continue.

However, I just hate the thought of 'sending her away'. She was/is my responsibility, and the idea that I have failed her kills me. Plus she is always a friendly face to come home to. She's sweet and lovable...just a little too mischievous. Anywho, I will definitely miss her when she is gone, and if anyone is looking for a new best friend, then let me know. With the right amount of love and attention, she's an angel.

2 comments:

T said...

Punk ass cat!

(Sorry... couldn't resist)

ThummyB said...

LOL! Ur so mean.

I tried to give her away to my grandmother. She was like "Oh honey NO!!! We don't need any cats around here! Just let it out in the street!!" LMAO!