Thursday, October 09, 2008

Yes, I did just come back from celebrating a co-worker's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. It was just as awesomely great as it ever was. I feel NO embarrassment at having to call ahead of time to confirm that there are no rules against 16 adults and no kids.

Ok...back on topic. I did yoga on Monday and swam on Tuesday. This has been a long week, causing me to sleep in on Wed and Thursday, so I will need to do yoga tomorrow and swim Saturday in order to finish strong. The eating has been right on track (except for Chuck E. Cheese)...I've stayed away from the snack box, only ate when I was actually hungry, and chose low-cal/low-fat options. If I can keep this up, then I will be back on the right path. I am grocery shopping on Sat, so I can begin preparing meals for lunch and dinner. I'm also going to try my raw food recipe below, but I must admit that I am not very excited about it. We will see how it goes.

Lastly, I came across this article on Work/Life Balance, that I wanted to share. As I noted, this has been a long week for me, so I'm going to try to utilize a few of the five tips discussed below.

1. Figure Out What Really Matters to You in Life


2. Drop Unnecessary Activities


3. Protect Your Private Time


4. Accept Help to Balance Your Life


5. Plan Fun and Relaxation

Check out the entire article on WebMD.com for further explanation.

No comments: